This is my simple Kale Buckwheat Tofu Salad recipe. I had never cooked buckwheat before until a few months ago. I was keen to try as I had a chance to test some Urtekram products. They have a wide range of amazing organic products from food to body care: from dates to peanut butter, and from toothpaste to hair products.
I´m a big fan of nutritious, simple and colourful salads – who wouldn’t be – so I’m always coming up with new recipes and here´s one of my buckwheat salad recipes. In these days, buckwheat is one of my pantry essentials, it’s great for both sweet and savoury baking and cooking!
Kale Buckwheat Tofu Salad Recipe
Makes 4-7 serves
2 dl Urtekram buckwheat
200 g Tofu
A big bunch of kale leaves
1 red onion
8-15 cherry tomatoes
1/3 whole cucumber
2 tbsp olive oil
Urtekram coconut oil
Urtekram herb salt
A handful of Urtekram sunflower seeds
How to make Kale Buckwheat Tofu Salad:
- Cook buckwheat according to cooking instructions in the package. Once it´s cooked, let it cool down.
- Tear kale leaves in smaller bits, wash them under running water.
- Place them in a large bowl. Add some water and start massaging kale leaves until they have a softer texture (for about 1 minute). Then, get rid of the water.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice from 1/2 lemon, herb salt and pepper in a glass.
- Add the mixture on top of kale leaves. Keep massaging kale leaves with this mixture, for about 1 minute.
- Slice red onion, capsicum, cucumber, and cut cherry tomatoes in halves. Add them in a bowl.
- Add pomegranate seeds and buckwheat in a bowl, too. Mix well.
- Cut tofu in small squares. Cook them with coconut oil on a frying pan until golden brown.
- Add tofu and sunflower seeds in a salad and voilá, your salad is ready!
Hope you enjoy it!
Have you also seen the recipe for Kale infused Chickpea and Quinoa Stew?
**This post includes sponsored content