Can pancakes be healthy? Yes, they can! I´ve been meaning to make banana pancakes for ages. I got some inspiration a couple of weeks ago while I was in California, a lot of people seem to love pancakes over there! I wanted to treat myself one morning with these delicious pancakes to mix up my usual breakfast routines. They are super yummy, and it´s crazy that they are also pretty healthy!
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves 2-3 people (makes 12-14 small pancakes)
Banana Chia Oat Pancakes Ingredients
¼ cup chia seeds
1 cup oat milk
1 cup oats (I used quick oats for its smaller texture)
Pinch of sea salt
Prep work a night before:
Place chia seeds and oat milk in a glass, mix well, and place it in fridge. Mix again after 10 minutes and place it back in fridge. The magic will happen over night. 😉
How to make Banana Chia Oat Pancakes
Turn the oven top on (medium heat) well in advance. You want to make sure the pan is nice and hot before you start cooking the pancakes. I used a big frying pan; it fits 3 small pancakes perfectly at the same time.
- Mash 2 bananas in bowl with a fork.
- Mix oats and ½ cup chia pudding in a bowl with fork. Mix well and try to get rid of lumps.
- Add 3 eggs and a pinch of sea salt, mix well.
- If the consistency is too thick, add some more oat milk.
- Once ready, you can start cooking! Place 1 tsp of coconut oil on a frying pan.
- Take a big spoonful of mixture and place it onto a pan. I could fit 3 pancakes on a pan.
- Cook them for 2-3 minutes. Once they´re golden on the bottom, flip them around and cook until golden on the bottom.
Make sure there´s enough coconut oil or butter (organic) on the pan all the time when cooking pancakes.
- Once the pancakes are ready, slice some banana and decorate the plates with some blueberries (or other berries) and banana slices. You can use the leftover chia pudding as a topping, too!
// Your wellness coach, Jonna
Have you already downloaded our free Grocery List?
PS. We love seeing inspirational photos of nourishing dishes! Share your healthy food photos with us on social media by tagging @ihanawellness and using hashtag #feelihana!