We had an honour to collaborate with Tyylitoimisto and R-Collection. They organized a styling event at R-Collection showroom. The event focused on work style and wardrobe essentials. We provided healthy catering: colourful beetroot hummus on a rye button and creamy baba ganoush on a seed cracker. They are great little snacks for cocktail parties and we’d love to share the recipes with you!
Beetroot Hummus Recipe
Ingredients for beetroot hummus
2 cups chickpeas
3 small beetroots
2 tsp salt
juice of half of a lemon
3 tbsp tahini
2 garlic gloves
½ cup water (or less)
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tbsp ground cumin
How to make Beetroot Hummus
- Cut beetroots in 4 pieces. Place them in boiling water. Boil them until they’re cooked (try with a fork). Peel off the skin with your hands, it comes off easily. Let the beetroots cool off slightly.
- If you use canned chickpeas, wash them under running water.
- Add chickpeas, beetroot, salt, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, olive oil and cumin in a food processor. Mix until smooth.
- Add some water, depending on how thick you like it.
- Have a little taste, you can add some more ingredients if you like. We absolutely love tahini and usually add some extra tahini for some more flavor.
- Voila! Enjoy the hummus with some crackers or as a part of your meal.
Baba Ganoush Recipe
Ingredients for baba ganoush
1 large eggplant
¼ cup tahini
3 garlic gloves
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
pinch of cumin
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup black olives
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
How to make Baba Ganoush
- Preheat the oven to 190C degrees.
- Cut the eggplant in slices and prick the slices with a fork in several places.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake them until the skin blackens and they are very soft, around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, let them cool slightly and cut off the skin.
- Once cooled off, place them in a food processor.
- Add tahini, then garlic, lemon juice, cumin and mix well.
- Season with salt. Taste and add more tahini and/or lemon juice, if you like.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Drizzle some olive oil over the top, sprinkle with the parsley and place olives around the sides.
- Enjoy with some seed crackers!
Ihana Wellness x Tyylitoimisto x R-Collection
Tyylitoimisto focuses on styling services; they offer personal styling and online styling. They also do corporate and group lectures & workshops. Read more here: Tyylitoimisto.
R-Collection is a Finnish family owned leisurewear brand that was established in 1978. They choose their materials carefully and take into consideration the four different seasons in their clothing with practical details. Visit R-Collection website.
// Love, your wellness coaches Jonna & Mirka xx
We love seeing inspirational photos of nourishing dishes! Share your healthy food photos with us on social media by tagging @ihanawellness and using hashtag #feelihana!
PS. Have you downloaded Ihana Wellness Free Healthy Breakfast Recipe eBook yet? :)