I’d love to share my delicious Quinoa Zucchini Carrot Loaf recipe with you. I made this loaf a while ago from scratch and it turned out to be super yummy! I’d honestly recommend giving it a go. You can have it for breakfast or as a snack during a day. It’s a great substitute for wheat-based bread; it is vegan, sugar free, gluten free and dairy free.
Quinoa Zucchini Carrot Loaf
Quinoa Zucchini Carrot Loaf Ingredients
- 1 zucchini (medium size)
- 1 carrot (medium size)
- 1/2 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4-5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- a handful of pumpkin seeds
- a pinch of sea salt
- 2-3 tsp of oregano
How to make Quinoa Zucchini Carrot Loaf
- Preheat the oven to 175C degrees.
- Mix chia seeds and almond milk (unsweetened) in a glass, refrigerate for 10-15min until it has jelly-like texture.
- Rinse quinoa with (filtered) water first, then drain and cook it.
- Cut zucchini in half. Remove zucchini seeds with a spoon. Grate zucchini and carrot. Place them in a big bowl.
- Chop walnuts in small pieces. Blend cashew nuts and almonds in a blender until they have a breadcrumb-like texture. Add all the nuts in a bowl.
- Once quinoa has cooled down a bit, add it in a bowl.
- Add sea salt, oregano, softened coconut oil and chia jelly in a bowl.
- Mix everything together properly.
- Place the mixture on a loaf tray (with baking paper). Make sure you press it down with your hands properly.
- Sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on the top.
- Bake the loaf for 45-60mins. Let it cool down and keep it in a fridge before serving.
- Store it in a fridge for 5-7 days.
Enjoy the loaf as is or with some fresh tomato and avocado!
I get inspired by recipes that I find from magazines and online but I love doing my own thing or at least giving my own touch to recipes. I think that’s cooking and baking at its best and it’s very rewarding! See some more gluten free bread recipes here.
Have you come up with any delicious recipes recently? Leave a comment below.
// Love, your wellness coach Jonna xx
Have you downloaded Ihana Wellness free healthy breakfast recipe eBook?
PS. Join Ihana Wellness online community on Instagram: @ihanawellness and share your food and health pics with #ihanawellness. Tell us when you feel Ihana by using #feelihana. Read more about What is Ihana Wellness?