I made some toasted muesli the other day. I love my warm oatmeal for breakfast but sometimes it’s nice to mix it up a little bit. Muesli is such an easy breakfast when you’re in a hurry in the mornings. I find it hard to find healthy muesli from the grocery stores so I prefer making my own because commercial muesli packets can contain quite a lot of sugar.
Muesli is a great easy and quick breakfast to have with some milk, yogurt or smoothie but eating too much of it can easily bring some extra calories to your diet. Choose your muesli carefully and always read the nutrition information (4.2 grams of sugar equals to one teaspoon).
The recipe is simple and it takes less than 30 minutes to make.
Homemade Healthy Muesli Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cup oats
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 4 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 TBSP rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup sunflower kernel
- ¼ cup cashew nuts
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- few pinches of cinnamon
How to make this delicious muesli
- Preheat the oven up to 180C degrees.
- Place oats and quinoa flakes in a bowl. Add melted coconut oil and rice malt syrup in a bowl. Stir well.
- Place the mixture on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or as long as the mixture has a nice golden colour.
- Place the mixture back into the bowl. Add all the other ingredients. Mix them well.
- Voila! Your toasted muesli is ready to go.
- Store in an airtight container.
I like having my muesli with a berry smoothie that is super simple to make and has only three ingredients!
Berry Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1 banana (half a banana in a smoothie, the other half cut in slices)
How to make
- Mix all the ingredients in a smoothie mixer for 30s.
- Slice half of a banana to decorate your muesli bowl!
// Love, your personal trainer Jonna